Upload Design Files
Clicking the link to upload design files from
the Design Manager provides you with a page to configure a mapped drive
to the Master Page Gallery. SharePoint has essentially exposed the
Master Page Gallery via WEBDAV. Mapping a drive to the Master Page
Gallery makes life easier for designers looking to upload files,
without needing the SharePoint UI or SharePoint Designer.
- Open your publishing site.
- Click the gear icon.
- Select the Design Manager menu item.
- Click the link to upload design files.
- SharePoint shows a page like that in Figure 16.
Figure 16. Upload design files in the Design Manager
- Copy the location specified in the top left of the page.
- Open file explorer on your Windows client.
- Find and click the option to map a network drive.
- In the dialog that appears (Figure 17), choose a drive letter.
Figure 17. Map a network drive
- Paste the WEBDAV location, specified in the Design Manager.
- Click the Finish button.
- You can now upload files to the Master Page Gallery using the new mapped drive letter.
Note You must enable the Desktop Experience feature in Windows Server if you wish to use WEBDAV on the server.