The Windows Phone 8 screen has a limited
amount of space, and sometimes working with a spreadsheet is easier if
you hide columns that you don’t currently need. To do so, follow these
1. Tap and hold the column you want to hide.
2. Choose the Hide option from the menu when it appears.
Revealing Hidden Columns
You can reveal a hidden column at any time by
tapping and holding the top row of the spreadsheet and then choosing
the Unhide option from the resulting menu.
Excel Mobile supports the same formulas as
the desktop version of Excel. To enter a formula into an Excel
spreadsheet, complete these steps:
1. Tap on the cell where you would like to enter the formula.
2. Enter the formula.
Even though Excel Mobile supports the same
formulas as Excel, you might occasionally want to quickly perform a
calculation against a range of cells without having to write a formula.
This is where the AutoSum feature comes into play. AutoSum provides
statistical information about the data in the selected cells, such as
the total, the average, and the high and low values. To use this
feature, complete the following steps:
1. Select the range of cells you want to include in the results.
2. Tap the AutoSum icon.
3. Tap one of the available Auto-Sum functions. Notice that each one includes the result alongside the functions you can select.